Are you struggling to potty train your puppy?
Training your puppy where and when to go to the potty can one of the most challenging parts of becoming a new puppy owners
Experts recommend confining the puppy to a defined space, whether that means in a crate, in a room, or on a leash. As your puppy learns that he needs to go outside to do his business, you can gradually give him more freedom to roam about the house. You can learn more about crate training here.
When you start to house train, follow these steps:
- Keep the puppy on a regular feeding schedule and take away his food between meals.
- Take puppy out to eliminate first thing in the morning and then once every 30 minutes to an hour. Also, always take him outside after meals or when he wakes from a nap. Make sure he goes out last thing at night and before he’s left alone.
- Take puppy to the same spot each time to do his business. His scent will prompt him to go.
- Stay with him outside, at least until he’s house trained.
- When your puppy eliminates outside, praise him or give him a treat. A walk around the neighborhood is a nice reward.
Are you after a quick, step-by-step PROVEN dog training techniques that actually work to help potty train your puppy?
- Learn How to end your frustration and potty train your puppy FAST!
- POSITIVE puppy potty training techniques that don't require cruel, harsh training.
- How to FINALLY stop smelly "surprises" in your home FOREVER.
- The difference you MUST KNOW about training a young puppy and adult dog
- And you'll also get a FREE trail